Education is the process by which an individual is encouraged and enabled to fully develop his or her potential; it may also serve the purpose of equipping the individual with what is necessary to be a productive member of society. Through teaching and learning the individual acquires and develops knowledge and skills.
The term education is often used to refer to formal education (see below). However, the word's broader meaning covers a range of experiences, from formal learning to the building of understanding and knowledge through day to day experiences. Ultimately, all that we experience serves as a form of education.
It is widely accepted that the process of education is lifelong. Studies have shown that the child already in uetero is educated by the experiences it is exposed to.
Individuals receive informal education from a variety of sources. Family members, peers, books and mass media have a strong influence on the informal education of the individual.
If you are a business owner get listed at Best Education Site, part of Localwin Network.
Other Education Articles
- Homeschool Language Arts: Teaching Reading and Writing
- Homeschool Curriculum Choices: All-In-One Program, Online classes, Electives, Core Curriculum, and a Unit Study Program
- Mathematics: Choosing a Home School Mathematics Curriculum for Any Age
- Using Educational Toys to Enrich Your Home School Experience
- Learning About Our World: Social Studies, History, Geography, Cultural Studies and Government in the Home School Setting
- Science Curriculum with a Hands-On Approach
- Age Appropriate Curriculum, Developmental Milestones, and Readiness: What My Child Should Be Learning and When
- Foreign Language Studies in Homeschool: Learning a Second Language Such as Spanish, French or German
- Extracurricular Activities and Home Schooling: Including Sports, Music, Drama, Art, Volunteer Opportunities
- Build Your Talent and Commitment
- Expand The Band
- What Kind of Music Do You Want to Play?
- How About Rehearsal?
- The Dark Side
- What Music Fits Where
- Networking and Conquering the Clubs
- Guerrilla Tactics: Handbills
- How to Keep Ties in Your Band
- Now That You Have a Record Deal, How About a Lawyer?
- Next Steps: Radio, Local TV, MTV
- Creating a Hit
- Publicity and the Internet
- Climbing to the Next Level: You're a Star!
- Importance of the Media
- Taking It To the Road
- How to Start Making Money
- And Time for Equipment
- Studio Time/Recording
- Home Recording, Demo and DIY CDs
- Choosing a Home School Curriculum
- Homeschooling a Child with Learning Disabilities
- Learning Styles-What You Need to Know Before You Homeschool Your Child
- A Home School Philosophy of Education
- Literacy: Teaching Reading, Phonics and Literature in a Home School Program
- Choosing a Unit Studies or All-in-One Program for your Homeschool
- How to Analyze Literature
- Learn Spanish Fast
- How to Choose a Study Abroad Program
- Why learn a Foreign Language
- Pharmacy School
Other Resource Sections